Friday, June 13, 2008

Parallel Universes/Living on the Edge

They say that the best thing about the past is that it's over. While there are good and bad things in all our pasts, I try not to look at how bad it was, but how good it became because of how bad it was. Lately for some reason, I have been pondering the idea of the parallel universe and I wonder what that universe would look like, and is there somebody out there in a parallel universe who made the opposite of each the decisions I made. Is it possible that one different decision could shift the entire direction of your life. Well, according the movie Mr.Destiny, one incident can have that much of an impact, but I think it's only if you let it. Last night I was talking to a guy who's lived in La Jolla for 20 years so I'm guessing he's done ok financially. The advice he gave me was remember to live on the edge, just don't jump off it. So, for a second I wondered what the hell does that mean? Then I told him that was the smartest thing I've learned since I've lived here in SD. So, on that note, take risks, take chances, but control your emotions and keep your proverbial s#$#$t in check.

No comments: