Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Dream Lifestyle

Yesterday I went by happy hour on the way home at a nearby hotel and ran into two women, who were both incredibly beautiful and 40 years old. One was half pakistani and half Japanese, and provided proof that mixing Indians and Asians together results in nice offspring. Ok, that has nothing to do with my internship, MBA's or anything else, but I had to share it. But when I came back from getting my drink one of them said to me, we were talking about how you have the "dream lifestlyle." I was thinking "I'm a poor MBA student, in debt, and ended up at my absolute last resort for business school." Actually, that's not at all what I was thinking, but I also wasn't thinking I live a dream lifestyle. And her definition was " you get to travel all over the world (a byproduct of growing up as the kid of a college professor), you're young, and you have no baggage (i.e. kids(to the best of my knowledge), ex-wives, divorces, etc)." That led us to the discussion of "would you change anything in your life if you could go back in time?" Tomorrow, I'll write about my life in a parallel universe which should be interesting, but looking back I realized that I learned so many lessons from the worst experiences of my life. And personally, the worst of it is over. I truly believe that my life only gets better as I get older.



While we are caught up in a world of midterms, recruiting, consulting jobs, ibanking interviews, and a bunch of other nonsense, real life is going on around us. IT just reminded me that few people in the world are really conscious. They just go through the motions. In the movie Joe vs. the volcano somebody once said "few people are awake in the world. Those who are live in a state of constant and total amazement." So, my goal in life: Live in a state of constant and total amazement.

No comments: