Thursday, June 5, 2008

Networking 101

If there is one reason you enter business school, it’s for networking. What’s interesting is networking opportunities are all around you. Sometimes the old lady sitting next to you at a nice restraint could be the wife of the CEO of a multi million dollar corporation who wants to offer you your next job. As a good friend of mine has always told me “You’re ALWAYS only one interaction away from having the life you dream of.” The other day I went to Taco Tuesday at a local bar in Del Mar, CA. Conveniently the University of Texas MBA program was having an alumni event. So, I walked over the girl running it, introduced myself, told her I was an MBA student interning in SD for the summer, and before I knew it I was making the rounds and connecting with UT Austin MBA’s. So, what’s the point? Did anything come of it? Well, I made some new friends. Another woman invited me to Thunderbird MBA happy hour. So, now I’m outside the Pepperdine MBA network, and just part of every MBA network.

No comments: