Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My first few days at my summer MBA internship

Today was the second day of my summer internship after completing the first year of my MBA at Pepperdine about a month ago. I thought keeping a blog about the experience would make it a really memorable experience. So, I’ll start by telling you guys some of the first few things that have happen. Intuit REALLY takes care of their interns and employees. I have been put up in corporate housing for the summer. It is fully furnished and rent-free for the whole summer. I also am working some really cool projects that are really going to leverage my MBA skills. To give you an idea of my first few days on the job, first I went through all the standard first day stuff. Then I was given my personal crackberry (aka blackberry), which is cool considering I’m an intern. The funny thing is I heard the same sentiment about how much they take care of you echoed by a full time employee here, so I guess there’s a reason it is consistently ranked one of the 100 Best companies to work for. I happened to start right when one of the big annual celebrations is going, so this was part of the second day. My advice to people who are starting their first years is be proactive, end up at a good company, and do your homework about that company. I can already tell this is going to be an amazing learning experience.

1 comment:

Kateryna said...

Great! So happy for you, Srini!