Friday, May 9, 2008

Getting the most out of your MBA internship

So I thought I’d write this little blurb on getting the most out of your MBA internship. One mistake I think people make when they start their internship is not looking at the pieces of their project from beginning to end and figuring out what the deliverables are. Sometimes it’s not clearly defined, and it’s up to you to take ownership and define your goals and deliverables concretely. People sometimes seem to think that once you’ve gotten an offer it’s all done. But really what counts is what you do when you get to your company.

One thing that’s really been great about Intuit in the first week is that you are constantly getting feedback and constantly learning. In one week on the job, I’ve learned a ton. I think every internship is an opportunity to be a sponge and learn. They also don’t’ treat you like an “Intern” per se. I feel like I’m fully integrated into the team and working on really cool projects that make a big impact.

No comments: